Access 2006 | Senior Quiz Prelims
Venue: Modern School, Barakhamba Road
Date: 21st December, 2006
1. JRE – Java Runtime Environment
2. FPS – First Person Shooter
3. DOS – Disk Operating System
4. MMORPG – Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games
5. RPM – Redhat Package Manager
6. What was the name of the HP chairperson involved in the company's pretexting
7. Which city is known as the 'Silicon Valley of India'?
8. What is Nintendo Wii's CPU called?
9. What is Linus Torvalds' informal title within the Linux kernel development group?
-Benevolent Dictator for Life
10. What is Google's social networking site called?
11. Where are the main servers of Wikipedia located?
12. What is the instruction set of Intel Core 2 processors called?
13. What is the ASCII value of 'u'?
14. What was the original parent company of Altavista?
15. What is the name of the currency used in the game Second Life?
16. Who is famous for furiously repeating “Developers, developers, developers!!”?
17. What is the name of the GTA: San Andreas patch which caused a lot of
controversy last year?
18. What is the name of the Windows XP swap file?
19. Which header file is needed for using 'cout' in C++?
20. What is the fastest FSB supported by Intel Core 2 processors?
21. Name Xiph.org's lossless audio compression format.
22. The IPv4 address of localhost is 127.0.0.1. What is its address is IPv6?
23. Which is the first model of Intel's quad-core Kentsfield to come out?
24. What was HAL's name in the French version of 2001 : A Space Odyssey?
25. What is the fixed-cell size in the Asynchronous Transfer Mode?